Pamela’s Chicken Dish
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 large red chillies
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 600g chicken breasts
- 400g green beans cut into 3cm lengths
- 3 tbls fish sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp castor sugar
- 3 red chillies cut lengthways with seeds removed
- Handful of Asian basil leaves or regular basil
- Mashed cauliflower to serve
- Roughly chop the garlic and chilli and place in mortar and pestle with sea salt and pound into a paste (if you don’t have a mortar and pestle place the garlic and chilli on chopping board, sprinkle the sea salt and finely mince with a knife.
- Place a wok or large pan over a high heat for one min and heat the oil and the chilli paste
- Stir fry for 15 seconds until golden brown and then add the chicken and beans
- Cook, stirring for about 5 mins then add the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and chilli and stir fry for 30 seconds longer.
- Remove from heat, add the basil and stir
- Serve with mashed cauliflower.