4 x 160g skinless and boneless salmon fillets
200g baby plum tomatoes cut in half
200g fine French beans
3 cloves sliced garlic
1/2 sliced red onion
80ml extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Juice of half a lemon
2 large sweet potatoes
1. Preheat your oven to 180oc/gas 4.
2. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into even-sized chunks and place in a saucepan. Cover with water and add a pinch of salt and bring to a simmer then cook for roughly 12 mins until tender. Drain and set aside.
3. Whilst the potatoes are cooking, blanch the green beans, bring a pan of salted water the boil and blanch for 5 mins until only just tender then drain and set aside.
4. Next heat a large non stick frying pan, add a tbsp of vegetable oil and season the salmon fillets and sear for 1 min on both sides. Transfer to a baking sheet and pop in the oven to just cook through for 5 mins.
5. Mash the sweet potatoes and add a splash of the extra virgin oil. Season and keep warm on a low heat.
6. Next add the remaining extra virgin oil to the used salmon pan. Allow it to warm. Add the sliced garlic and onion then add the plum tomato halves and beans. Drizzle in the balsamic and add a touch of seasoning. Finally, finish with fresh lemon juice, warm all together.
7. Take warm serving plates and add a spoonful of mashed sweet potatoes to each plate before scattering your mixed vegetables around. Top each plate off with a piece of seared salmon drizzle over the pan juices and serve.